The postpartum period can be a challenging time for a new mother as she adjusts physically and emotionally. Also, if you are a mother who has undergone an unexpected caesarean birth, your adjustments may be even more challenging.
With the many benefits that massage offers, the new mother’s health can be restored in a nurturing way along with some luxurious essential oils.
Mothers who have had a caesarean birth can book in for a postpartum massage with me soon after birth as I have been trained to work with mothers who have had caesarean, to help promote healing and provide information and advice on ways to speed up the recovery process which is really important for new mums.
This is a real passion of mine having had caesarean births myself, so I know the benefits of having massage for healing the mind and the body.
Benefits of Postpartum Massage:
- Helps restore your body to its pre-pregnancy condition;
- Facilitates the healing of a caesarean section birth;
- Improves circulation through the body;
- Encourages the flow of lymph and speeds the elimination of toxins from your body without any problems to your baby during breast-feeding;
- Calms your nervous system, producing much needed relaxation and the release of endorphins (your feel good, healing hormones);
- Defines the shapes and contours of your body to bring a renewed sense of body image and self-esteem;
- Relieves emotional and physical stress that result from being sleep deprived;
- Eases muscle aches and pains that result from nursing and carrying your newborn.