This workshop is designed to provide women and their partners with knowledge and skills about pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond to create a positive birthing experience.
During this interactive workshop I will provide you with:
- An understanding of your pregnant body and its ability to birth naturally and calmly;
- Changes in your body and natural ways to ease discomfort and pain during pregnancy;
- The stages of labour and how you can work with your body to achieve a positive birth;
- The Five Senses of Birth – natural tools and techniques for a positive, calm birth;
- Your hormones and how they help your birth;
- The role of your partner or birth support team;
- Using essential oils during pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally;
- Relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques that you can use during pregnancy and labour;
- Creating your own positive affirmations and vision boards to empower you for your birth so that you feel strong mentally and physically;
- Identifying and releasing your fears of birth;
- Massage and acupressure techniques your partner / support person can use to assist you during labour and through your contractions;
- Optimal Maternal Positioning – where is baby for a better birth;
- An opportunity to discuss and create your own Birth Plan;
- Natural Pain Relief Options – do you know what they are and the benefits of using them?
- Delayed cord clamping;
- Birthing your placenta;
- What to expect during your immediate postpartum period;
- Healing and resources for support during the postpartum period;
- How to change a nappy properly to prevent colic and reflux in your baby.
This one day workshop is fun, interactive and provided in a very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere and runs from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
I have a choice of group classes or private.
Group workshops have set dates in 2021 and your investment is $330 per couple (including GST) and includes morning and afternoon teas, a comprehensive workbook with diagrams and laminated cheat sheets to take home with you, and ongoing support leading up to your birth.
Private workshops to suit the individual needs of you and your circumstances can be arranged on Monday to Friday from 9am till 4pm and your investment is $595 per couple (including GST) and includes morning and afternoon teas, a comprehensive workbook with diagrams and laminated cheat sheets to take home with you, and ongoing support leading up to your birth.
This workshop has been designed with women in mind who may not be able to attend other childbirth education programs that run for consecutive weeks or where partners are unable to attend due to circumstances such as working away or not having babysitting support available to them.
You will need to bring a fit-ball, 2 bath towels or a sheet, bottled water for drinking, a yoga mat and pillows to help with demonstrations and practical activities.
You can also go to my comprehensive online Back to Basics Birthing course (valued at $395), which gives you really in-depth information (so much more than you will learn at your hospital ante-natal classes), studies and research, MP3 relaxation downloads, affirmations, videos, workbooks and so much more than I could ever cover in the one day face to face classes.
My name is Vicki Hobbs and I am a Childbirth Educator (Back to Basics Birthing), Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner, Remedial Massage Therapist specialising in Pregnancy Massage, Birth & Postpartum Doula, Certified Placenta Encapsulator, Hypnotherapist, Aromatherapist, Reiki Practitioner and Life Coach. I am based in the northern suburbs of Perth and can be contacted by email by [email protected] or phone (08) 9303 9111.