I am one in a long line of wise and experienced women who bring calm and clarity to the birth space, so you can fee safe, supported and listened to.
My name is Vicki Hobbs and I am a pregnancy, birth and postpartum specialist in the northern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. I am also a mother of two amazing daughters. With 15 years and several miscarriages in between them, they have taught me so much about life changes, patience and respect for people as unique individuals.
Taking the fear out of birth,
through education, planning and preparation.
The road less travelled….
In 2004 I made the big scary leap from a well-paying corporate hospital job to start my own business as a remedial massage and mind / body therapist. I trusted that everything I worked for and believed in would guide me to success. That journey involved many ups and downs, just like pregnancy and birth, but has also given the abundance of learning and experience I needed to be in my successful pregnancy and birth business today.
I’ve worked incredibly hard to build my business around my family and to contribute to our family income doing something that I not only love but thrive in. I don’t profess to be perfect or to know everything, but I certainly work hard to provide answers to your questions and endeavour to go above and beyond expectations to give you value for money.
Let me be completely honest with you now. As much as I love working with women having babies, my focus is not on the babies – it is all about going back to basics and focusing on the woman so she feels nurtured, safe and listened to.
Not long after starting my business I soon recognised that there were no properly trained pregnancy massage therapists in Perth. That inspired me to do more training and I became a highly qualified Pregnancy Massage Specialist. I found I was constantly sharing birth information with women during their massages, so the natural step was to do more training as a Childbirth Educator and Doula. It was like I had planted a seed, and that seed had grown into a sapling and now that sapling is a strong, wise tree offering shade and protection from the sun.
I have grown my business to promote education, planning and preparation for birth so women can enjoy their pregnancy and look forward to their birth without judgement or guilt.
I love studying and researching so I can provide women with evidence-based resources for their mind, body and emotions along with my own experiences and wisdom, so they feel safe, supported and ready for this transition into motherhood.
My Qualifications & Training – I’m a serial workshopper and research junkie!
- When Survivors Give Birth Refresher 2022
- Dr Rachel Reed – Reclaiming Childbirth as a Rite of Passage 2022
- Optimal Maternal Positioning with iBirthProfessionals 2019
- Dr Sarah Buckley – Undisturbed Birth: The Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing 2019
- Orgasmic Birth workshop 2019
- Massage & Myotherapy Ethics in Practice 2019
- SANDS Caring for Bereaved Parents 2019
- When Survivors Give Birth 2018
- Roar Behind the Silence – kindness, compassion, and respect in maternity care 2018
- Newborn Mothers Postpartum Doula Refresher 2018
- Physiology of Birth, Inductions and Interventions with Dr Rachel Reed 2018
- Spinning Babies Workshop with Ginny Phang-Davey 2018
- Doula Training Academy Founder & Trainer 2018
- Gathering in the Knowledge with Sara Wickham 2018
- Acupressure Techniques with Dr Kate Levett 2018
- VBAC Facts Academy – VBAC Educator Training 2017
- VBAC School for Educators 2017
- Group B Strep Workshop with Sara Wickham 2017
- Spinning Babies Workshop with Ginny Phang 2017
- Labour Progress Workshop with Sara Wickham 2017
- Senior First Aid Refresher 2016
- Certificate Postpartum Doula – Newborn Mothers 2015
- Diploma Remedial Massage – Institute of Massage 2004
- Diploma Pregnancy, Labour & Post-Natal Massage 2008
- Diploma Pregnancy Massage & Maternity Care – Well Mother 2008
- Diploma Pregnancy Massage – Pregnancy Massage Australia 2013
- Certificate IV Massage – Institute of Massage 2003
- Certificate Clinical Hypnotherapy – TAD James 2006
- Certificate Doula / Birthing Educator – Labour of Love 2010
- Certificate Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner – 2014
- Certificate HypnoBirthing – The Mongan Method Practitioner – 2009 and refresher 2012
- Certificate Soundbirth Practitioner – 2012
- Certificate Hot Stone Therapy – 2009
- Certificate ENAR Pain Therapy Practitioner – 2008
- Certificate Ion Spa Detox Practitioner- 2009
- Diploma Natural Therapies (Aromatherapy) – 1995
- Diploma Innerscape Meditation & Relaxation Therapy Facilitator – 2002
- Certificate Thought Field Therapy – 2003 & 2006
- Certificate Reiki I & II – 2004
- Licensed Heal Your Life Workshop Leader & Life Coach – 2006
- Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management) – 2004
Since 2015 I have been a national, multi-award-winning Hypnobirthing Australia practitioner for “Outstanding Performance Community Support”
- Nominated for National Doula of the Year 2018
- Nominated for Mumpreneurs National Awards 2018
- Finalist – City of Wanneroo 2012 Most Innovative Business Award
- Finalist – City of Wanneroo 2012 Best Marketing Business Award
- Finalist – City of Wanneroo 2012 Best Customer Service Business Award
- Runner Up – City of Wanneroo 2008 Best New Business Award
- Finalist – City of Wanneroo 2008 Best Marketing Business Award
- Finalist – City of Wanneroo 2008 Small Business Development Business Award
What would you like to know more about?
Hypnobirthing Australia Classes
Hypnobirthing Australia Timetable for Classes
Positive Caesarean Birth Workshop
Back to Basics Birthing Workshop
Vaginal Birth After Caesarean Workshop
Online Childbirth Education Course
Labour Focus Massage
Birth Doula Services
Postpartum Doula Services